Friday, October 7, 2011

First Week of October Menu!

Wow, where has the time gone this year?  I can't believe the first week of October is behind us. 
I am looking forward this week to a couple of quick and easy prep meals, plus trying some new recipes.
The first is Pork Chops in the crock pot with a new marinate I got from some new friends, can't wait to try it and I think I may even add some Red Pepper flakes to give it some spice!  The Street Taco's and Breakfast for Dinner nights are easy and quick and can both be very low calorie.  I normally use Cugino's Creamy Potato Soup with some added ingredients.  I have been looking for a from scratch recipe that looks easy.  The Baked Potato Soup - Crock Pot Style will be my first attempt, I plan on using low fat cream cheese, and using dried onion and minced garlic for convenience.  The Angel Chicken Pasta is another Pinterest recipe I have been wanting to try, leave out the mushrooms if you don't like them and I am serving mine over whole wheat angel hair pasta.  Last but not least are the Candy Corn Sugar Cookies from a new blog Jamie Cooks it up!.  I look forward to finding some other fun recipes on her blog!  Well, that is it for this week.  I won't be posting a Menu next Friday as I will be at the War Eagle Craft Fair in Arkansas!  I have about 8 freezer meals from all the things I have been cooking lately so starting the 16th it's officially freezer meal week!!  No cooking for me, woohoo!!

Have a great week with your families!!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Can't wait to try some of these.
Thanks

kymharper said...

I am about ready for you to be back from vacation, shopping, spending, and cleaning. We need food! : )
Hope you had a great time. Glad you're back. Love.